Thursday, July 2, 2009

Night run - half slow, half (too) fast

The rain finally subsided here in St. Pete, so I talked my little sister into going for at least part of a run with me. My loop here is 1.8 miles. She made it around one loop with only a little walking. She's not a runner, but could be if she works at it...and I think she might. After one lap she was done, but I took off at sub-race pace. I ran the last 1.8 in 12:42 (7:00 pace). Not exactly sure why, but I felt the need to blow the doors off after the slow lap (22:13). So the total time was 34:56 (9:42 overall pace).

I don't intend this blog to be a "man, I really love running" blog...but man, I really love running. I've completely fallen in love with it all over again. If you're a runner, I don't have to explain the feelings that come with a good run, after you start getting into shape. I hope I haven't cursed myself here, but I haven't felt this good in many years. I'm anxious to keep it going and see what can happen.

Better get to bed. We're hitting a big water park in Tampa tomorrow. Can't say I'm too excited about it, but the kids are, and that's what counts.
Good night!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about having a lap or a run where you want to blow the doors off. I get that way sometimes after work. I just want to run till I drop.

    Have a Great 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with running too, I know what you mean.

    B

    ReplyDelete