Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Florida wrap-up

Well, the one last run I wanted to get in while here in Florida just isn't going to happen. I've been dealing with a pretty upset stomach and some fatigue the last couple of days. I'm not entirely sure why, but I do know that my long run on Sunday morning ended with me feeling very hot, dizzy and with shallow breathing. Don't know if the heat and humidity is finally catching up with me, or if I'm trying to fight off some bug (my wife has also been feeling a bit of the same). So instead of forcing a run here tonight (our last night here, when family will be over and I should be "sociable" anyway), I'll just concede and regroup when we get home tomorrow night. I was able to get in three runs (16.2 total miles), all-day swimming and sliding at Adventure Island in Tampa (a big water park), and swimming at the beach a couple of nights ago. I checked the scale this morning and I'm up 1 lb (but it was post-breakfast). Not bad. Tried to eat fairly clean, but that wasn't always possible. Drank no soda, though, which I've been trying hard to eliminate from my diet.

My bike is ready at the shop, so it should be ready to scream. Hopefully I'll be ready to beat up on it a little. That will be my focus the rest of July, with a few runs thrown in for variety, and to keep my running legs ready for the switch back to a running focus after the triathlon.

So I'll be checking back in after we make the flight across the country tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment