Sunday, July 19, 2009

More of the same

This morning's bike ride was supposed to take place yesterday (Saturday) morning, but I spent FAR too long adjusting my front derailleur. I'm talking, oh, close to two hours! A bike tech I am not. Plus, I was feeling pretty beaten down from a few tough training days in a row, so moving that ride to this morning was probably for the best. It ended up being 25 miles of rolling hills on local roads, and was a bit slower than the last couple of rides. I ended the week with 110 miles of cycling and 4.5 miles of running. I haven't decided on what my training plan is for tomorrow. But one thing I DO know is that I will be eating more. Like I mentioned a few days ago, I overshot my goal racing weight by about 4 lbs. so far. My wife has told me that I WILL eat more. No, I'm not one of those rare men with an eating disorder. I just go into things like this full-bore, damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead and, no surprise, I overdid it a little. I'm not going to use this as a license to eat more junk (although there will be some treats...and beer...consumed), but I'm afraid my low bodyweight and hard training are going to compromise my immune system if I don't make some adjustments.
Time for bed. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment