Thursday, July 23, 2009

"Could have been the whiskey, might have been the gin..."

"...could have been the three or four six-packs, I don't know, but look at the shape I'm in!"
Was that an old Oak Ridge Boys song? Not being much of a drinker myself (I've had one beer in the last 2 weeks), it was probably the cherry cake, ice cream, zucchini bread and bacon burger with fries. What is the "it" I'm talking about? My weight! My concerned wife told me, in no uncertain terms, that I would start eating more. Last week, I posted how I overshot my goal race weight, losing more than I had planned. Well, I started eating. And eating. And eating. I realized how hungry I was, and how much my body was craving calories. No, I didn't just cram down junk (although there was some of that going on). I managed to bump my weight back up just a bit. Here are today's stats (and the changes from last week):

Wt: 147.8 lbs. (+1.4 lbs.)
Waist: 30.5" (-.3")
Bodyfat %: 10.6% (no change)
Resting HR: 43 bpm (+3 bpm)

No training today, with the exception of some core work and stretching. I'll be back on the bike tomorrow for some sort of ride, depending on how the legs feel. Have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment