Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Early Morning Ride...Nice and Easy

I hadn't planned on riding today, but felt the urge to do a relatively short (20 miles) and easy (16.1 mph avg) ride today. I went out at 6:30am, since it's going to be a million degrees here today in the Seattle area. It was beautiful! A deer even ran across the trail in front of me. There were a LOT of people out, presumably getting their daily exercise in before the sweltering heat kicks in.

Recently, all my rides have been pretty tough, so it was nice to just ride easy this time, without regard to time or pace. I haven't decided yet if I'll go out for a punishing ride tomorrow morning. We're heading out on a camping trip tomorrow, so we'll be packing & loading up. Plus...tomorrow is supposed to be the hottest day yet (a bazillion degrees, officially), and even early in the morning, it'll start getting hot and humid. The humidity we've had lately is something us Pacific Northwesterners don't normally have to deal with. As you may or may not know, most of us in western Washington don't have air-conditioned homes. They're usually not needed more than maybe 3-5 days per year. Well, it would be REALLY NICE to have it now. But I'll still take this over the cold spells we sometimes get even during summer. I'll just sit naked in front of an industrial fan. Just not too close. Sorry about the visual.

No comments:

Post a Comment