Saturday, April 17, 2010

Stretch Drive

My running weeks start on Monday and end on Sunday. But if I were to count from last Sunday to today (Saturday), I would total (thanks, in large part, to last Sunday) 62.5 miles. That's the most I've ever run in a 7-day stretch. Thankfully, I don't feel any injuries coming on, and aside from a little fatigue during the week, my legs seem to be holding up. I have noticed my appetite increasing a significant amount.

But back to my normal Monday through Sunday schedule, here's how this week ended up:

Runs: 6
Miles: 40.5
Time: 5:46:57
Avg. HR: 125
Long: 12 mi

Monday's run will be 22 miles. That'll be my last 20+ mile run in this training cycle, before I start my taper the following week. I've really enjoyed training for this marathon, but I'm honestly looking forward to the taper. I may not be saying that the week before the marathon, when I'm bouncing off the walls and feeling all sorts of phantom aches and pains, but right now I'm enduring a little overall fatigue that lets me know I'm right up to the edge of my current limits. With all that said, I can't wait to run this marathon! 4 weeks to go!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Colin,
    You had a great solid week of miles:) Good luck with your long run on Monday!! Wow, only four weeks to go...you are ready:) I hope that you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things are moving to a point now. You are doing very well. Great mileage! With 4 weeks to go you are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a LOT of miles. Nice work!

    your HR is sooo low too - that has to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, for some reason my HR tends to stay relatively low during moderate paced runs. I'm not sure what my max is. I should probably test it. I do know that my resting HR is about 40.

    ReplyDelete