Monday, April 5, 2010

One Year Blog-iversary

It was one year ago today that I started this blog, to document my return to running after being unable to for several years due to chronic injuries. Man, what a fast year!

I actually started running again in January of last year, but didn't decide to blog about it until April. I think I held off because I didn't expect the running would "stick", since I've had to bail on previous comeback attempts. As you can see, I'm still happily running; training for a marathon, putting in more mileage than I ever have, and somehow keeping the injuries at bay. I've learned a LOT from reading blogs of other fellow runners, as well as from other runners in person. Even though I wasn't a true running rookie when I started again last year, I approached running as if I was. I really became a student of it - proper base building, proper form, correct shoes, injury prevention, diet, heart rate training, etc. I'm convinced that this approach and mindset has kept me running consistently for a year and 4 months now.

I have no intention of ever quitting. In fact, I plan on setting PR's in just about every distance (okay, maybe not the mile), and giving ultras a shot eventually, too.

Thanks for following my journey. I can't tell you how much I've appreciated your comments, suggestions and encouragement this past year!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Colin,
    Happy Bloggy Anniversary!! Blogging is so fun and I am so glad that I took the plunge:) I am looking forward to following you through more training, races and PRs!! Funny, I still think of myself as a running rookie:) Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, hope you have many more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that's great, one year! Congrats! You've inspired me a lot as well. Thanks and good luck with the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on more than a year back into it. I look forward to more years to come. Glad to see this approach is working for you. 50+ miles per week and HR's of 133 during fast running are not easy milestones to reach...let alone injury free. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Glad the running stuck this time. WE'll hold you accountable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent post. It was very helpful for me.I knew little in this part before,Thank you for sharing !

    ReplyDelete