Friday, January 8, 2010

No Harm, No Foul...But Plenty of Fowl

Before the holidays (going back to Thanksgiving), I was weighing in at 146 lbs. Yesterday, my first official post-holiday weigh-in, I tipped the scales at...you guessed it! 146 lbs. The only explanation I can give is the increase in running mileage, because it CERTAINLY isn't from being "good", from an eating perspective. This week will be my fourth straight week of 40+ miles of running, which is the first time I've ever managed that modest feat.

Speaking of that, my body is feeling a tad beat up this week. I ran a 10-mile tempo run on Wednesday, which I probably should have run at an easy pace. I'm running a slow 12-miler today, then meeting tomorrow morning at 5:30am for a 1-hour group run. Should total about 44 miles for the week. My mission is to gradually get my weekly mileage up over 50 within the next couple of months. If I can top out at 60 without getting injured, I'll give that a go, too. I want to have as much base as possible going into my marathon in May.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is cute. You remind me of me and my struggles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mama! Thanks for checking in. I appreciate the comments. I'll check out your blog, too! Take care & happy running!

    ReplyDelete