Saturday, February 6, 2010

Week Wrap-Up

This ended up being a great training week. Funny how running has its ups and downs just as life in general does. I started the week with a "long" run on Monday of 12 miles. This was "week 2" in my marathon training plan, so the long run only goes up from here. I threw in a nice 6-mile progression run on Wednesday on a hilly trail, then capped the week with a 6.5 mile tempo run with the Mill Creek Running Club this morning (7:08 pace, which was admittedly too fast). But all in all, I felt strong this week. My knees have been a bit achy, but I've been icing them regularly and it seems to be helping, as they felt fine this morning. Oh, and I gotta say (not just because I'm a Brooks ID member, either) that I'm REALLY loving my Brooks Launch shoes! Every time I wear them, I like them more and more. They just feel fast (whether I really am or not!) I'll run my next half marathon in them, and may even try to run the full in them in May. We'll see.

Here's how the week played out:

Runs: 6
Miles: 38.5
Long: 12
Time: 5:28:07

I should be back over 40 miles next week, as I build to a 60-mile week later in the program. That could be interesting, but I'm looking forward to that uncharted (for me) territory.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment