Monday, April 13, 2009

Spin & plan of attack

Today is another typically nasty Seattle spring day. I stayed indoors and did an easy 60-minute spin on the trainer. My right hip and just above the right side of my knee are both a little sore, so this week I'm going to back off just a bit. My runs will probably be shorter and likely on different surfaces than the same old loop I've been running the last 4 months. I'm going to do some specific hip and IT band stretches and try to strengthen my gluteus medius muscles, especially my right side. I'm also going to focus on my core muscles - abs and lower back - to try and build a better "strength girdle". Even though I'm starting to see a glimpse of my old problems arising again, I'm trying to stay positive, proactive and not get discouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment