Thursday, September 30, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday
Track was such an easy game to play
But now my speed has really gone away
I ran a time trial yesterday

Suddenly
My foot is better than it used to be
Now the treadmill isn't all I see
A high school track
Sounds good to me

I ran a warmup mile
That's my style
Before I tried

To test my
Current speed
With a hard mile
Yesterday

Yesterday
You ask, "what time did your Garmin say?"
6:31 with quite a high heart rate
I ran a time trial yesterday

I felt really slow
But I know –
I took a break
And no speedwork
Had I done
Before my mile run
Yesterday

Yesterday
I took my fickle right foot out to play
I'm slow, but running might be here to stay
I was quite pleased
With yesterday




[maybe I'll record this...]

2 comments:

  1. Good thing your next race doesn't occur Yesterday, but in many Tomorrow's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, 6:31 is better than 8:45
    I wish I knew something that rhymed with 5.

    ReplyDelete