Saturday, May 19, 2012

Arlington Walk & Roll/Run 5k

Beautiful morning for a race! Sunny, low 50's.

I never thought I'd be happy with a 23:26 time in a 5k, but given that I'm running a total of 6-7 miles per week, I'm 17 lbs. over my race weight, and I'm still battling a perpetual heel injury, I'll gladly take it.

Wanted to run progressive splits and succeeded - 7:53, 7:37, 7:17, (6:58). Barely took 2nd in my age group (I think I passed 3rd place within the last mile), but would have won the group if they split it into 5-year segments. The last mile was tough for me. I was totally spent crossing the line.

I was 13 seconds slower than my January 5k time (when I was running just a little more), but I enjoyed this one a lot more.

I have a LOOONG way to go, but I'm hopefully that I can slowly rebuild my base and increase my fitness and, just maybe, race the way I'd like to again. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment