Saturday, November 6, 2010

High School District Meet, Oct. 30th

Here are a couple of short video clips from last weekend's District XC meet (to which I brought my oldest daughter).
Since I focused on Glacier Peak High School in the article I wrote for Northwest Runner Magazine a couple of months ago, I've been following the team closely this season.
The first clip is the finish of the boys' 3A race. This took place at South Whidbey High School (on Whidbey Island, near Langley, WA). Jeff Bastian (senior) of Glacier Peak won the race in a fast time (especially on this tough course).

(Jeff took 4th in the state meet today)

This next clip is of the finish of the girls' 3A race, with Amy-Eloise Neale (soph, Glacier Peak HS) securing an easy-looking victory (with a new course record), with Katie Bianchini (soph, Glacier Peak) taking second. Glacier Peak also took 3rd and 5th in the race.

(Amy-Eloise won state today in a blazing 17:31, with Katie taking 3rd overall. The Glacier Peak girls also secured their first state title)

The Division-winning, AND State-winning Glacier Peak girls team.

It's a good thing Amy-Eloise Neale has a memorable name. If you follow professional running at all, I think you'll eventually hear her name on the national...possibly international...level in a few years. She's the real deal.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Man, seeing things like this always make me wish I could go back in time and push a little harder growing up. These kids are great.

    ReplyDelete