Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Natalie's Track Season

BRAGGING ALERT! Allow me to give some props to my oldest daughter.

Natalie's first 7th grade track meet was earlier tonight. She ran the 1600 and the 800. She DESTROYED her previous mile PR by 36 seconds, running a 6:45. She then ran the 800 and, while struggling a bit due to asthma and lack of stamina, still ran an 8-second PR, with a 3:15. Since she didn't run during the off season, I'm sure she'll start building strength and endurance and will get used to doubling in meets. She used her inhaler before the mile, but didn't use it again before the 800, so that may help next time, too. Either way, she ran a great meet and we're proud of her. She didn't think she'd break 7 minutes in the mile this early in the season. She blew it away, so who knows what she'll do by the end of the season.

As you can tell, I'm happy to run vicariously through my daughter! Go Natalie! She'll be kicking my rear soon.

2 comments: