Tuesday, April 12, 2011

One Small Step For Man...Well, That's About It

(as posted on Daily Mile)

What's this? A run? Well, a run-walk, to be precise. It's been five months almost to the day since I last ran. As per my doctor's orders, I alternated one minute of running with one minute of walking, for ten minutes.

Observations:
  1. Man, I'm out of shape!
  2. When I set my Garmin up to beep every minute, I found that my user profile weight was listed as 12 lbs. lighter than I am now (I've "bulked up" since my abs project).
  3. My heel felt okay, but I still noticed a little soreness. It'll be interesting to see how it feels the next couple of days.

Not sure if I'll attempt another run/walk before I see my doc on Friday. But it was good to get out there and run a few steps!

5 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some running is better than none! Congrats and good luck at the doc appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every little run helps. Glad you could get back after it for a few minutes. If my profile is 12 pounds off it's not a function of muscle, unfortunately.

    Hope all goes well with the doctor Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo!!

    Based on my experiences, a little soreness is just because running is a foreign experience. Best wishes for the Dr. appt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!
    Adrienne, I've noticed a little soreness come and go during my rehab as my heel has adjusted to the exercises, so hopefully that's all it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single run/walk step.

    ReplyDelete