Monday, October 5, 2009

From Bad to Worse

The high I got from Friday's 10-mile tempo run was followed by a pretty extreme crash. Over the weekend, I got much sicker. The cold dropped into my chest and I've had a deep, burning cough and little energy to add to the head cold I've fought for more than a week. I don't know if it would've gotten worse on its own, or if pushing myself for 10 pretty hard miles, followed by an ice bath, pushed my body over the edge. I hope this thing starts clearing up soon. I'd love to get in a couple more runs before the Spokane Half Marathon next Sunday.
I'm going to take a walk with my wife here shortly just to keep moving. I can't just lay on the couch!

2 comments:

  1. I'd say you should make getting well by Sunday your top priority, but don't be too bummed if you can't do it. Better to focus on long-term health than overdo it when you're sick. Lots of soup, liquids, and HOT / STEAMY baths should help. Also eat oranges. GOOD LUCK! (oh, yeah, zinc lozenges are good too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole. I appreciate your advice! I will say that I'm feeling quite a bit better today than I was over the weekend, so maybe I'm on the upswing now. The walk today felt great. I'll still back off this week & make sure I get over this thing. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete