Friday, May 22, 2009

Speeding Up (relatively speaking...)

Ran a challenging 3.5 mile fartlek run this morning. Ran the first mile pretty easy, then did five repeats of 2 minutes hard, 2 minutes easy. Overall time was 27:13, for a 7:47 pace. That's the fastest pace in my training runs so far this year. It didn't feel easy, though, but was pretty satisfying. Legs felt a bit sluggish, but no hint of any injuries. It didn't feel like I was running all that fast. Maybe that's a good thing. It would have been discouraging if I felt like I was blazing and ended up being slower than expected. I'm going camping w/the family this weekend, but I may have time for a Monday evening run after we get home. I'm thinking that maybe I can pull off a sub-7:30 pace in my 5k next month after all!
Have a happy & safe Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment