Thursday, May 7, 2009

Down Time

I slogged through a 60 minute spin on the trainer yesterday...and it WAS a grind. Felt light headed, weak and nauseous. I think my body is telling me to lighten up. It's hard to write this, but I want to be honest in this blog. It would be nice to "man-up" and keep pounding out the miles, but my body just seems to need more recovery at this point. I've been increasing both intensity and mileage lately, so I suppose it's no surprise that I'm feeling overtrained. When I start seeing signs of increased fitness, as I have the last couple of weeks, my determination doubles. Then, it becomes hard to hold back and train wisely, as I should. I am a bit smarter this time around, though (I hope). In the past, I'd blast right through any feelings of weakness or tiredness, until I'd overtrained so much that it took much longer to recover. If I need to do just 1 run and 1 ride a week for a couple of weeks to get back on track, so be it. I love to train, so that'll be tough to live with...but I need to focus on the big picture this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment