Friday, September 25, 2009

Long Run - Blisters (cont'd)

Look upon the ugliness, my friends, but don't cry for me, Argentina. I actually started feeling the rubbing and discomfort at about mile three of this 14 mile run. At that point, I could have turned around, made it an easy 6, gone home with tiny blisters and re-scheduled my long run. But nooooo! I was feeling really good (aside from the blisters, that is) and decided to take a chance that the damage would be minimal in order to get the run in on schedule. This year, my "comeback" to running, I've been pretty diligent in training properly and nursing my body along gently to avoid any injuries. The incidences of me being a bonehead are fewer and farther between, but alas they still exist. Oh well. Guess I'll drain & dress these and hope they don't interfere too much with the remainder of my training before the race. Live and learn.

2 comments:

  1. NICE! :) - I would never be bone headed like that! Never I say :)

    Hope they don't cause you any trouble... You should be fine before too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's funny how us runners are never stubborn, use poor judgment or anything like that.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete