Sunday, July 1, 2012

Foodgasm

This has nothing to do with running, but I needed to write this down somewhere.

We (my family and I) had a large lunch at a friend's wedding shower today, so our dinner ended up being a 'fend-for-yourself' affair.

I was on the verge of throwing in the towel on ideas and making a boring PB&J sandwich, when my wife told me there was some leftover rotisserie chicken, plus some fresh spinach. I decided to steam the spinach leaves, chop up some mushrooms and throw them in with the spinach, heat up the chicken, and dump it all together on a plate (seasoned with ground pepper).

Wow!

As simple as this meal is, the combined flavors caused me to react in such a way that my wife was becoming jealous of my 'other woman,' hinting that I might be in need of a cold shower after the meal.

This will remain on my short list of meal choices. Unless you're averse to steamed spinach, give this a try and let me know what you think.

Aside from the taste, another cool thing is that there were no processed foods involved. Very clean, very low carb. Fresh spinach leaves, mushrooms, rotisserie chicken and ground pepper, and nothing else.

Well, except for the carrot cake for dessert...

No comments:

Post a Comment