Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Magazine Article

This morning I ventured out to Lord Hill, near Monroe, WA. Lord Hill boasts a popular series of trails. The weather was (is) uncharacteristically sunny (lately, anyway), so off I went on a photo recon mission.

I was commissioned to write an article for Northwest Runner magazine about getting started in trail running. Most contributing authors shoot their own photos to accompany their articles, and I'm no different. As fate (luck) would have it, I picked the right day for the task.

I spent just over an hour out on the trails. I even mixed in some light running. Given that my body isn't used to it, I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow. I just hope it's muscle soreness and not the usual injury-related soreness. It felt good to get out and do some trail running & power-hiking, alone on the trails.

I'm not sure which issue of the magazine will run the article. I'll post the info here when I find out. In the meantime, here are a few of the photos I shot at Lord Hill.




2 comments:

  1. Great shots! I just did the Lord Hill race on 2/26 with Evergreen Trail Runs and I love that course. The namesake hill makes you say "Oh Lord, I have to climb that!" when you come around the corner and see it. Looking forward to reading your article since we are blessed to be living in an area with so many great trail run options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Colin! Always great to get out on the trails. I would love to be commissioned to write an article about trails and running on them.

    ReplyDelete