Thursday, January 26, 2012

Solicitations

Yes, I've been a bit AWOL. Briefly, I was snowed in all of last week, so I took the week off (i.e. no running). This week, I've had a cold with a nasty cough, so I've taken this week off as well. Next week? We'll see. My heel has been acting up ever since my 5k, to be truthful. There were more hills on that course than I expected.

Now, for the topic du jour. Lately, I've been receiving emailed solicitations from folks who want me to tout their cause or make my readers aware of an event or a far-away running adventure on my blog. While I certainly have nothing against these causes and/or events, I make it a policy to not give away free advertising. In fact, I wouldn't accept paid advertising, either. The purpose of this blog is to chronicle my ongoing relationship with running; the struggles and successes, as well as my thoughts on training, racing, injuries and the like. It's usually a personal reflection, but I also hope to entertain (and possibly inform?) from time to time.

So, those of you whom have a cause/product/event you'd like me to post about, I respectfully decline*. I do wish you well, though, and thank you for your interest.



*unless you're advertising a Ferrari 458 Spider and would like me to test-drive it for a month...

No comments:

Post a Comment