Sunday, February 20, 2011

That Was The Problem

If you've been following my 6-pack ab travails, you remember how I mentioned I was nearly blacking out upon standing up, almost every time. I did a little research (and got some helpful comments from you guys) and came to the conclusion that I had dropped my sodium levels too low. Well, upon bumping it up (to around 1,000mg/day), I've learned that it was a correct conclusion. No more dizzy spells, no more near blackouts.

However, I've thrown a different wrench into my quest. I'm currently in a low carb phase, which is giving me some new challenges. First, I'll state that I'm NOT a big fan of a high protein, low carb diet (based on only 3 days of it so far). I constantly feel bloated (12 oz. of chicken per day, with insufficient roughage will do that), plus I'm dropping too much weight (which attests to the effectiveness of the Atkins & other similar diets). In addition, it's just not a sustainable diet. I'll try to stick with it for a couple more days, then shift back to a normal macronutrient balance before boosting carbs the last couple of days to replenish my glycogen stores (& hopefully make my muscles fuller) before I take final photos.

Chris K, why did I listen to you? You're laughing at my expense, aren't you?

2 comments:

  1. No laughing here. I have to say, I don't believe in the word "diet". I believe in eating healthy and keeping the body moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - good thing you got this locked down. Really good.

    ReplyDelete