Sunday, June 6, 2010

I'm a Big Heel

This photo reinforces two things for me:
  1. 1. My foot modeling career is in jeapardy
  2. 2. My right heel is mega swollen

Since my first PT visit, my heel has been in more pain and has gotten more swollen, despite not running for nearly a week. I will admit to jogging barefoot around the back yard yesterday while playing with my kids (very briefly). I won't blame the downturn on the PT visit, but I wonder if the recent massaging and messing with it is going to aggravate it before it starts helping it. All I know is that I'm not enjoying this predicament at all. I'm getting more antsy to run with each passing day, but I know this heel will not improve if I do so.

Tomorrow, I'll set up my bike on the trainer and see how much that bothers the heel.

*sigh*

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Colin! Take care of yourself! I am sending you positive healing vibes! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks painful! Wow, I hope it sorts itself out soon. Hang in there...this sucks big time, but you'll be back and well rested soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. while your heel may be swollen, your pants are ready for any floods. So, that is nice.

    ReplyDelete