Next Saturday, I'll be running my first marathon. To win the DVD, be the closest guess to my finishing time. As much as I love my friends outside the U.S., I'm only going to offer to ship the DVD in the States, due to postage costs.
Many of you probably have an idea of how my training has gone, but I'll briefly summarize:
- I've averaged 41 miles/week during my 16-week marathon training cycle, with a high of 52 miles.
- I've run longs runs of 18, 20, 22, 22 and 16 miles.
- I've done a reasonable amount of hill training, tempo runs and progression runs, but very minimal speedwork.
- I ran a 1:41 half marathon earlier this year, and have run the last half of recent long runs at 7:40-7:45, after going out at 8:45's or so (the hopeful plan for my marathon).
- If you had to pin me down on a guess, I'd say around 3:40, but it could be anywhere from a 3:30 (if everything goes perfectly) to 4:00 (or more) if the wheels fall off.
- The course is point-to-point, with some gentle rollers, but mostly flat.