Monday, November 30, 2009

November Wrap-Up

My family and I spent the last few days in Spokane, WA. It's our annual tradition to spend Thanksgiving with my Dad, Stepmom, Sister and Brother-in-Law. Had a great visit (aside from my ugly fall while ice skating...right onto my left hip. Ouch). Ran a couple of times while we were there - once with a guy I met via dailymile.com (Keith). Like myself, he also ran the Spokane Half Marathon back in October, albeit 9 minutes faster than I did. Anyway, he talked me into running on a relay team next July. The race starts in downtown Spokane and ends on top of Mt. Spokane (34+ miles). Should be fun.

November was a good running month. Here are the numbers:

Runs: 22
Miles: 116.7
Races: Fowl Fun Run 10k - 44:06

This was my highest mileage month of the year so far. In past years, when I've tried to "get back into running", I bumped up my mileage far too quickly and became either overtrained, injured, or both. It's for this reason that it took me so long to get my mileage even up to this modest amount. December will likely be a bit higher.

I hope everyone here in the U.S. enjoyed their Thanksgiving. I've probably got a couple of extra pounds to run off in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment